Bindarri (an experimental collaborative project involving climate communicators and creatives to generate ideas on how to increase measurable mainstream support for action on climate change) are inviting creative people to participate in Climate Redesign 2010 which is part of Melbourne’s State of Design Festival official program. The central event will be on Saturday 17th July.
Bindarri will be brainstorming together, sketching, modelling, drawing, writing, building briefs and testing ideas, and will be inspiring each other, having fun, sharing skills and forming working relationships with the people who will energise our ideas and implement them in the real world.
Public momentum on climate change action is stagnating, Copenhagen flopped and Rudd back-flipped on legislating a strong ETS. Meanwhile the issue is not going away and scientists are getting more alarmed with the scientific evidence.
Australian groups have created the technical and economic solutions and now we need big creative ideas to inspire the Australian community and our leaders to implement these solutions.
We are calling for Australia’s creatives to step up to this challenge and provide the ideas, skills and leadership that will transform the movement and catalyse real change.
We want to abandon the stereotypes of past communications and actions to embrace the new, the clever, the dynamic and agile, the unexpected.
What does this involve?
- One short evening session in the week starting 5th July
- Central event on Saturday 17th July at Donkey Wheel House
What’s in this for participants ?
- Work creatively in a fun environment
- Extend working networks
- Learn new ways of collaborating together
- Contribute actively to the climate change issue
- Registering is as easy as signing up to our website here
- Once you have signed up, you will be contacted by the organising team.
- Don’t forget to invite your friends and colleagues