The annual NewStar Award, presented by agIdeas is a fantastic chance for emerging designers to get a headstart in the design industry.
The Award consists of two different prizes – the Collie Print Trust Award and the Fabrica Award – and is open to recent design graduates (or those in their last year of study) who are under the age of 25. Entry is free. The two prizes include the following:
Collie Print Trust Award
- A free trip overseas – flights, accommodation and spending money
- Be mentored by internationally renowned designers
- 2 weeks work experience at one of the below studios: Guerrilla Games, The Netherlands (guerilla-games.com), Pentagram, UK and USA (pentagram.com), Prologue, USA (prologue.com), Gnomon School of VFX, USA (gnomonschool.com), All of Us, UK (allofus.com), SeymourPowell, UK (seymourpowell.com), IDEO, USA (ideo.com), Ken Miki & Associates, Japan (ken-miki.net) or MadeThought, UK (madethought.com).
- A free trip to Italy – flights, accommodation and spending money
- Two weeks’ work experience at Fabrica College in Treviso – fabrica.it
- Fabrica’s Visual Communication Department offers a 2 week trial that if successful, will lead to a 12 month full grant. The department is strongly dedicated to assigned practice-research projects relating to social, humanitarian and cultural issues.
To enter, submit your best three works into one of three categories – multimedia, 2D or 3D. Entries close promptly on 15 October at 5pm. Entries can be completed on theloop.com.au, however head to newstar.agideas.net for the full list of entry guidelines and restrictions. If your work is shortlisted, you’ll be contacted after 24 October 2012.