@studiocatherine Not in the slightest! Our printers just require a little extra time.
The top ten finalists in Bombay Sapphire Design Discovery Award 2011 have been announced.
The awards are in their ninth year of celebrating creativity and innovation across product design in Australia, with a focus on recognising emerging designers. Design leaders Heidi Dokulil, Ewan McEoin, Liane Rossler, Jennifer Sanders, Terri Winter and Richard Waller met last week in Sydney to select the top ten achievers from a pool of over 60 entries.
The top ten finalists are:
- Flynn Talbot – X & Y
- Marc Harrison – Husque Jug
- Dennis Abalos – Woven
- Alexander Fitzpatrick – Light Garden
- Dominic Broadhurst – Scale
- Kristian Aus – Dottie Coat Rack
- Evie Group (Alexandra Gilmour / Dominic Chong) – Spun Lamps
- Dale Hardiman – Kids Straw Stool
- Henry Wilson – A-Joint
- Duncan Meerding – Cracked Log Lamp
2011’s winner will be awarded $30 000 towards the commercialisation of their design, plus a trip to a leading design fair (Index in Denmark, Design Miami or Interieur design fair in Belgium). Four runners up will each receive $2,500 and the remaining five finalists will each receive $1,000. The winner will be announced at a gala event at the MCA in Sydney on 27 October 2011.