@studiocatherine Not in the slightest! Our printers just require a little extra time.
X|Media|Lab’s “Film X-tended”lm X-tended” Pro-Day Conference heads to Melbourne this week, exploring what digital can bring to a feature film, with a focus on ‘transmedia’: the use of digital platforms to extend narrative and build interactive content around a linear property.
Featuring the the cross-media producers from Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean and a whole heap of other great projects, the conference promises to be packed with plenty of inspiration and great knowledge.
Unfortunately the event is sold out, however we do have the opportunity for Desktop readers to pose some questions they may have about cross-platform content development with the speakers.
How to pose a question to the speakers:
Simply email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Film X-tended question’ as the subject, or ask the question in the comments field below!
International Speakers/Mentors include:
- Nathan Mayfield – One of the world’s leading transmedia producers: LOST, SPOOKS INTERACTIVE, DAY X EXISTS (Brisbane)
- Jeff Gomez – CEO of Starlight Runner Entertainment, who was behind transmedia strategies forAVATAR, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, TRANSFORMERS & more (New York)
- Gavin McGarry – President of Jumpwire Media, former Head of Cross Platform for Endemol, and creator of some of the first cross media TV content with NBC and Discovery (New York)
- Suzanne Stefanac – Media and technology strategist, former Director of the American Film Institute’s Digital Content Lab (Los Angeles)
- Dibakar Banerjee – Writer/Director of India’s first digital feature LSD: LOVE SEX AUR DHOKA(Mumbai)
- Josh Shore – Filmmaker, Media/Brand Strategist, Co-founder of GNN (Guerilla News Network) (New York)
- James Franklin – Founder and Creative Director, Pixeco a digital design studio for filmmakers (Auckland)
- Morgan Jaffit – One of Australia’s leading game developers and designers: PANDEMIC, HAPPY FEET (Brisbane)
- Jarod Green – Director of Radicallove – Creator of BEACHED AZ (Sydney)
- Lisa Gray – Head of Content, The Feds: video mashup tool for THE GRUEN TRANSFER (Sydney)
- Christy Dena – Director, Universe Creation 101: worked on Tim Kring’s CONSPIRACY FOR GOOD (Melbourne)